The College Success Scholars Program provides structured personal, academic, and professional support to Black and Latino males at the University of Maryland to ensure that scholars have the opportunity to become fully engaged in all aspects of university life and are able to succeed academically, personally, and professionally.
Our goals are to close the achievement gap and help each scholar stay the course and graduate from college.
To achieve these goals, we offer:
- A six-week summer seminar for entering freshmen
- A CSS first-year student seminar
- A professional development series
- Study sessions and tutoring
- Diversity and leadership workshops
Essential to the success of each of our scholars is family involvement, and in every cohort our parents are engaged and support these goals. See the parent page for more information.